I was reading one of my favorite African economic development blogs, EmergingIdeas, where they recently highlighted an Ernst & Young entrepreneurship study entitled “Avoiding a Lost Generation: Young Entrepreneurs Identify Five Imperatives for Action.”
The 5 Imperatives they listed are:
- Expand the choice of funding alternatives
- Increase mentoring and broader support
- Change the culture to tolerate failure
- Target and speed up incentives
- Reduce red tape and excessive taxation
The folks over at EmergingIdeas offer a quick take away from the study that’s worth the read.
We’re seeing some great progress in the Cincinnati tri-state area in these areas including access to mentors (we do this at Araytha), support failures as learning and reducing taxation (KY recently signed into law tax credits for angel investments).